A day of celebrating love.. Valentine’s Day. A day of celebrating girls and drinking mimosas and wine an eating cake.. GAL-ENTINE’S DAY!!
You don’t know what that is? Welllllllll, let me explain…
That’s right, the best day of the year! Couldn’t have said it any better than Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation- (Which is where it got started!)
“Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home and we just come and kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies.”
In other words, ya take ya girls out, (or stay home) and eat some cake, cupcakes or brunch and be girls! But, this day only happens once a year, so it has to be BIG but it doesn’t have to be expensive!!
Which is why I’m here to help! Here’s my (small) GAL-entines day party I celebrated with my fav gal pal!
Step 1: Invite ya gals!
I found this A D O R A B L E picture on Pinterest decided to use it as my invitations (If you need help with this, I GOT YOU! Seriously just comment below!) Anyways, I used PicMonkey and added the time and everything!
Step 2: Get some food!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Tray $24.99 // Valentine’s Heart Pretzels $2.98 // Cake Pops // Cookies (I added sprinkles to the cookies!) // Heart Cocktail Stirrers – $8.92 // Heart Serving Tray Platter – $5.99
I decided to go with sweets, even though we both are on a diet! lol. So, I added some bread, salami with cheese and some grapes, along with mozzarella and tomato salad! Also, add some mimosas!! I added Prosecco and it was so good! But, there’s so many other options you can do! Here’s some ideas:
- Fresh Bread and Salami w/ cheese
- Mozzarella, Cherry Tomato, and Basil Salad Recipe
Step 3: Decorating
My favorite part! I love decorating for holidays, so decorating for valentines day is the perfect one because I use allll pink and red! A few things to remember:
- ALWAYS HAVE FLOWERS! Go to your local grocery and get some roses or colorful flowers. You can literally never have enough!
- Be fun about it! Add little details everywhere.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money! Everything I got was from either Walmart or Target
- You can see that wire heart garland adds depth to the table, I like the way it’s raised from the table to add some dimension!
- Have something that catches the eye to the beholder. Mine would be the LOVE balloon!
Step 4: Placement
Placements Cards – $8.49
Placement is a pretty important part of throwing a cute shindig! It’s just a way to make everything clean and look together! Here’s exactly what I do:
- Line everything long ways on the table so nothing is in anyones way and have people set on each end
- You should let your gals know where to set so they don’t feel weird.
- Have little cards for all the food and drinks to add a cute little touch to the party!
Step 5: Activities
When you throw a party, there’s a time where you run out of things to talk about and it gets a little awkward, so to add some fun to the party so you know it’ll always be fun, here’s some cute things to do:
- I decided a fun way to celebrate and have fun was to add these cute cookies to decorate!
- I also played a few of these cute games!
- You could also celebrate with these ideas and these!
Step 6: Galentine’s Day gifts!
A cute way to show your girls you appreciate them is to give them a little gift! Just to show them you care! Here’s some cute ideas:
- Soap Petals – $9.99
- Valentine’s Day Wine Bottle Labels – $8.89 and wine – $10.99
- Sugarfina Champagne Bears – $8.50
That’s all for now! Seriously I 1000000% recommend you throw together this cute valentines day party! It was so much fun and sweet to be with girls and drink and just hangout.
As always thanks for reading and have a wonderful GAL-entine’sday!!